Pear and Parsnip Soup
A tasty delight, just right for winter!
Write a review
- 500g parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 pears, peeled and chopped (cores removed)
- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- salt and pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 cup cream
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Cream, whipped lightly
- Tasmanian Truffled Olive Oil
- Shaved fresh truffle
- Add the parsnips and pears to the stock with the salt, pepper and nutmeg, and boil until parsnips are tender.
- Puree in a blender and add the cream and sherry.
- Microplane some fresh truffle into the mix, after it has been blended. Don't cook the truffle - just heat through at the end.
- To serve: Reheat and garnish with the lightly whipped cream, some shaved fresh truffle and a drizzle of Tasmanian Truffled Olive Oil.
- We recommend a minimum of 10 grams per person, to get that real truffle sensation.
Tamar Valley Truffles https://www.tamarvalleytruffles.com.au/