400g starchy boiling potatoes, peeled ( I like Dutch creams)
1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
1 bay leaf
50g TVT Truffled oil
80g plain flour
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil the potatoes, garlic, rosemary and bay leaf until they are tender and mash with the TVT truffled oil. Remove the rosemary and bay leaf.
- Mix the mashed potato in a bowl with the flour, salt and pepper, until they form a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, to about 1/2 cm deep. Use the cutter of your choice or pat into small discs.
- Lightly oil and heat a frying pan or griddle. Fry each scone on each side for a few minutes until golden. ( you can add a knob of butter for an extra lush taste)
- Serve while hot topped with our sausage gravy, a fried egg, or to outfit any brunch or meal.