Truffled Cauliflower Leek Soup
400g cauliflower cut into florets
1 large potato diced
1 clove garlic – crushed
1 medium leek – washed and sliced
1 medium onion diced
3 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
2 Tablespoons Tasmanian Truffled Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Tasmanian Truffled Butter
200ml Pouring Cream
Minimum 10g Tamar Valley Truffle
- Sauté onion, leek & garlic in a pot with the butter and oil.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of oil to drizzle as the garnish.
- Sauté slightly then add the cauliflower & potato, & continue until just soft.
- Add Stock & salt & simmer approx. 10 mins until all vegetables are cooked through.
- Put through wizz or mouli, re-heat adding cream (do not boil) and fold in some finely grated truffle.
- Pour into appropriate bowl then garnish with finely shaved truffle & drizzle with remainder of the oil.
Do not cook the truffle, the heat from the soup in its final stages will bring out the necessary aromas and flavours.