Truffled Cauliflower Leek Soup
A delicious, heart-warming soup, ideal for winter!
Write a review
- 400g cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 large potato diced
- 1 clove garlic - crushed
- 1 medium leek - washed and sliced
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tablespoons Tasmanian Truffled Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Tasmanian Truffled Butter
- 200ml Pouring Cream
- Pinch salt
- Minimum 10g Tamar Valley Truffle
- Sauté onion, leek & garlic in a pot with the butter and oil.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon of oil to drizzle as the garnish.
- Sauté slightly then add the cauliflower & potato, & continue until just soft.
- Add Stock & salt & simmer approx. 10 mins until all vegetables are cooked through.
- Put through wizz or mouli, re-heat adding cream (do not boil) and fold in some finely grated truffle.
- Pour into appropriate bowl then garnish with finely shaved truffle & drizzle with remainder of the oil.
- Do not cook the truffle, the heat from the soup in its final stages will bring out the necessary aromas and flavours.
Tamar Valley Truffles https://www.tamarvalleytruffles.com.au/